Welcome!

The purpose of this blog is share with others the processes involved in my favorite form of creativity- silk art quilts. The creative process itself is a fascinating thing. I am constantly amazed by it- both its simplicity and its complexity.

I feel strongly that I am a better person since I truly started following my dream. Because of collectors--those who actually buy original art-- I am able to live my dream. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You can see more of my work at my website http://www.rebelquilter.com/.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Yikes stripes!

Here's the project I've been working on for the last 2 days. In general I've begun working on a series of quilts for my exhibition at the MADI Museum Dallas in April. I'm at the point where I have assembled the individual blocks but am trying to decide how the blocks will be joined. Here's a photo showing the blocks up against each other with nothing to separate them visually.






To me the stripes have so much energy that I need to separate them and give the eye a place to rest between blocks. So in this photo you can see I've separated them with a black sashing.













Then I thought maybe the sashing needed a bit more color... something to interrupt the flow












On this one I played with a zany checkerboard as the centerpoint.
This is the choice I finally went with.









No comments: