As I write this we are in Florida with our kin. It is warm—a far cry from the miserable weather previously and currently happening in the Missouri Ozarks. We had carolers in shorts at the door last night.
As I look forward to extended periods of creativity I am also a bit alarmed. Do I still have an artistic voice? Do I have anything to say visually?
My game plan is to simply begin by journaling a bit, collecting imagery that inspires me and play in the studio using materials with which I am quite familiar. I am hoping my muscle memory gradually responds to the motions and internal conversations are started back up.....or ...new conversations are started.
This is what I know—
- I love to work tactilely and texture is an important element of my work
- Color remains an element that evokes emotions
- I love various forms of printmaking and mark making
- I like to apply printmaking to fabric
- I am attracted to natural elements
- I like to make commentary about life, often pointing out irony.
- Humor is an important element to my life. Perhaps to my art.
- My focus will first be creating art for my sake—to entertain, stretch or play
- The future remains unknown and a bit scary
- I am excited about it
To those of you who have remained on my blog subscription, thank you. I do hope to expand my reach and have the opportunity to influence lives in a positive way through my art or at least, artful living.