Welcome!

The purpose of this blog is share with others the processes involved in my favorite form of creativity- silk art quilts. The creative process itself is a fascinating thing. I am constantly amazed by it- both its simplicity and its complexity.

I feel strongly that I am a better person since I truly started following my dream. Because of collectors--those who actually buy original art-- I am able to live my dream. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You can see more of my work at my website http://www.rebelquilter.com/.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hello world/adios Jan

It is strange that the day I finally decide to start my blog is the same day I found out that my friend Jan Boyer died several months ago. Jan was instrumental in introducing me to the world of dyeing and surface design. I was the fortunate recipient of her dyes when she decided that she had become super sensitive to mx dyes. As it turned out- her challenge turned out to be long undiagnosed Lyme's Disease. What a tragic loss to the world. I am generally a believer in "you get what you earn." In Jan's case I think that rule can't be right. Perhaps this is the first instance for myself of seeing that maybe life often just isn't fair. I hope to see more "life is fair" to compensate for this loss. Jan- you are truly missed.

No comments: